Monday, June 9, 2014

Stay Beautiful: Make-up review: Etude House Etoinette

Remember when I said I'd do another Etude House make up review the second I got my hands on some more of their products?  Yep.  But before I get into that, let me show you some pictures of their Baby Choux packaging and such.  I forgot to do that in my last review.  Many of the photos are from Atomic Nony's blog because I forgot to photograph my Baby Choux box and such before I tossed it. 

The promotional materials in the original Korean Language.
The original packaging was a little pot.  Cute, but cumbersome, if you ask me.

The current packaging.  Sweet, streamlined and you get a few ounces more.

With that out of the way, this is a review for a lip color from their Princess Etoinette line.  For the first lipcolor, I chose the PPK005 from their 'Season 2' line released around Christmas time. 

The filigree on the box is actually metallic, though you can't tell.
That's how the actual lipstick tube looks.  No joke.

Once again, the packaging is adorable and even comes with a sweet message telling the customer to 'be the princess!'.   Also on the box are English descriptions that I can read.  "This perfumed, smooth lipstick delivers a surge of moisture and soft shimmering flush giving your lips a gorgeous look."

The color of rose petals.  It even has filigree on the actual product!
A close up of the lip stick reveals a slightly shimmery, berry red color.  It's actually a shade that I use most of the time, so it's perfect.  First, I tried putting it on the skin of my inner arm.  It glided on smoothly and was semi-sheer not unlike my M.A.C. Sheen Supreme creamy lipstick.  A welcome discovery considering that Etude House's lip color was about $10 less...with shipping. 

The lipstick has a very faint smell, like roses and peony.  It's not overwhelming but is VERY pleasant.  Also a welcome change, because I HATE that waxy crayon smell that most lipsticks have.  It's like carrying the Crayola factory right under your nose.  The sweet, gentle scent of flowers, though?  That gives me a good feeling.

Well.  The moment you guys have been waiting for.  Time for me to slather this stuff on my fat lips and show you how it looks. 

Naked Lips

One pass of the lipstick

Two passes

As you can see, the lipstick isn't very dark, despite the photo.  What it really does is smooth out the pigmentation of my lips and makes them... SUPER glossy.  I used no lip gloss at all and yet in each photo, my lips looks fuller, more moist, supple.  The lipstick didn't have any plumping agents that I could feel (those usually tingle a bit), it just gives more shine and color to your lips.

First of all, I have to say, that I LOVE the look and feel of this lipstick.  Since I favor a dramatic eye over a dramatic lip, this has great potential for me.  It's also got enough emollients so I can skip my usual lip color +gloss/vaseline on the first application. However, after wearing it for a while, that plush glossiness wears off and you'll need to apply some light lip gloss to refresh it.  However, the color remains fairly strong.  In fact, I've washed my lips twice and they're still berry pink.  

I would recommend this lipstick to anyone who wants a light lip color that refreshes easily, has a good smell and leaves your lips supple and soft.  The price isn't bad either.  Give Etude house a try next time you have a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alright Operative, leave your coded message at this drop point.