Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lovesick: Earrings

Last week, I undertook an arduous project: Reorganizing, relocating, and rehoming a large chunk of my stash.  It took 3 days and I am STILL not done.  Mostly done, but not done, done, you know?  As I was going through things, it was like a magic trick exploding all over my room.  You know the one with the never-ending scarves?  Except it was with beads, which are heavy, solid and impossible to hide up your sleeve in the quantity that magicians do with their little chiffon scarves.  You never realize how living in an apartment makes you a master of hiding stuff from yourself in an effort to preserve all important space.

Anyway, I forgot I had these little charms and beads.  So, I pulled them together to make some Nana inspired earrings.  For those of you who don't know what Nana is, it's an old shojo manga that was released in the late 90s, early 2000s by Tokyopop.  I never finished the series.  But, let's just say that it glorifies high fashion. 



Dark colors, hearts, bows, and just enough punk to keep it from being lolita-style.  I think these captured the spirit of Nana quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alright Operative, leave your coded message at this drop point.