Friday, April 25, 2014

More Murano Glass

I found some beads hiding out in a random tin a few days ago and I decided that I'd make them into something.  They had a blue to green gradient with a little spiral in the center.  I can't, for the life of me, remember where I got them.  But they were pretty.  I'm sure I got them on sale...somewhere.


There weren't a whole lot of them, just 5, so I worked them up into a quick, simple bracelet.  They remind me of swirling water.  Or perhaps swirling algae.  Or both.



I spaced the big murano glass beads with Czech glass beads that shared some properties in common with them- the blue to green gradient.  I only had a few of these left over from a few previous projects, so this was the perfect way to finally get rid of them for good.  I used a few pale green swarovski crystals that I got in one of those assortment auctions and pulled the design together.



Though this design includes multicolored beads, I had no trouble pulling it together.  It worked up quickly and creates something fun and flirty without too much effort.  All you need is some basic stringing techniques to pull this one off and you're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alright Operative, leave your coded message at this drop point.