Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Filigree Pendant

Some time ago, I did a post on Spring Cleaning.  WELL, I did not even show you a fraction of the treasure I uncovered because as I was sifting through everything, I got so mad at myself that I could have screamed.  I had been spending time lamenting not being able to buy the cool, new findings and pendant make supplies that I'd seen recently, not knowing that I had A HEAP of already lovely items  hiding out waiting for me to work with them.

This, as upsetting as it was, had nothing on the amount of pendants I had ALREADY put together and customized.  Oh, by then, I was ready to bludgeon myself with a shovel.  I mean, it was ridiculous.  Recently, I've been focusing on getting these OLD pendants used up.  You've already seen a few in previous posts, however,

Yeaaaah... It's that bad.
SO.  I hope you get the picture, so to speak.  But in case you don't, I will be posting my rediscovered darlings.

It's a simple and sultry necklace design.

The pendant falls at the center of the chest, just below the first couple of inches of cleavage.

This was a pendant bought from Michael's.  The bail and other features of the pendant itself were changed around a bit to make it easier for me to adhere a much prettier focal to the front of it. The original pendant was a sort of weak colored red.  It looked cheap- even though it wasn't.

You can see that chintzy red better from the side.



So I felt it needed more depth.  I 'helped' it by trimming and sanding the scrollwork they'd slapped on it off and giving it a fresh coat of enamel.  Once it was simplified, I cut up another pendant that was fairly simple itself and adhered it directly to the top of the red one.  Separate, the two pendants were kind of bland and lacked...something.  Together, they look like, as my friend says, "an amulet forged by an Eldritch horror to drive the plot of a fantasy novel". 

That's extreme, though.  Right?

Ok.  Maybe it does look a little ominous...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Alright Operative, leave your coded message at this drop point.