Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ancient Historical Artifacts

I've been crafting for a long time.  It's in my blood.  For as long as I can remember, everyone in my household had hobbies and were eager to include other members of the family on it.  Of course, not everyone has the same taste in hobbies, so as the only child in the household, my crafting education was well-rounded.  I got to try tons of new things as I discovered which hobby set I was passionate about.  I had lots of successful and failed projects in both my preferred hobbies and in the ones I loathed (here's looking at you woodworking.). 

Do you remember any of your first projects?  I don't.   I don't even have any of the first things I ever made.  They were either given away or lost when we moved from my childhood home.  However, my mother, The Mahogany Stylist keeps a Ren-made artifact on her dresser.  It has been there so long that the string has yellowed and old school metal pony beads have lost much of their luster.  I'm going to show it to you.

I didn't polish all of the beads because I wanted to preserve the authenticity.

I can't, for the life of me remember why I made it.  However, I do remember the approximate time of year and the reasoning behind the pattern.  My father was always very into the Pan African Tribal motifs, designs and color patterns.  So, from the center of the necklace, it follows the pattern of the Pan African flag.  Red for the blood, Black for the people, and Green for the fields of Africa.  Since it's Black History Month, I felt that this is a perfect way to bring it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alright Operative, leave your coded message at this drop point.