I made this hat using the 'Purchase and Decorate' method and I'll be honest, it was hard to get it started. I'm not sure if it's just me, but when I get something ready made, it takes my brain a moment to make the leap to Creativity Land.
|Courtesy of Pacroid.blogspot.com|
Setting a design is always the hardest part. It's even harder when your brain forgets that this little hat is NOT complete and needs some pizzazz. Mine chose the moment that I needed it to create things to go on a vacation, so I borrowed mom's. Her brain was stuck on netting and tulle. The fluffier the better.
|It's not fluffy enough.|
|Like this but with less film star attached to it.|
I needed to tulle it up. The hat would have been pitiful without it. After we tweaked and poked at the hat, we both determined that it still needed something... I decided that it needed something shiny to balance all the matte textures. The end result was this.
|Big tulle bow worn in the front.|
|Big tulle bow worn on the side|
The good thing is that the tulle bow feature looks great. The bad thing is that the rest of the hat looks a little plain by comparison. In the near future, I may add more to it...I need to go craft shopping first.