Monday, December 8, 2014

Memebox Special #44: Very Berry

This is the first Memebox that I ordered from eBay for myself.  On the memebox website, it was advertised as having the following items: Skin CRONies Aronia Moisture Cream, Konad Niju Blueberry Moisture Hand Cream, Swanicoco Super Brightening Hydro Solution, Reinplatz Essence Mask, Borntreen VitaBerry Cleansing Foam, eChoice Fall in Love Berry Body Lotion, and Yadah Lovely Lip Tint Stick.


The one I got from eBay had everything but the Cronies Moisture Cream, and the Swanico Super Brightening Solution.  I won't miss them too much, though.  They were anti-aging creams and radiance boosting formulas.  I figured I could live without something to fight crows-feet.  At least until I'm 30.  I've got a few more years. 

When I opened the box, the scent of berry things wafted up from the very paper in the box.  I don't know if that's an effect of the products inside or if memebox engages in some subtle mind-fuckery when they assemble their signature pink boxes.  I dove in, examined all the products to see if they had been tampered with.  They hadn't.  Then, I had to decide what I would use first.  The answer was simple.

The same place a lady starts her beauty regimen
The cleanser was the clear choice for my first product test.  I opted not to do a lame test like a lot of bloggers- you know the one.  Where they test the product ONE TIME and then you never hear about it again?  Instead, I tested this product over the course of five days to see how it truly affected my skin, using it the same way I use my other cleansers.  I used it over the course of 5 days and documented the changes in my skin in a little mini-diary.  My findings were thus.

Day 1:  Product left my skin feeling velvety and soft, hydrated and supple.  Since it claims to be a 'gentle' cleanser, I'm worried that there's a residue on my skin instead of just clean, fresh skin like my usual cleanser leaves behind.

Day 2: The zit I was getting it smaller than I thought it was going to be and kind of sore, but my skin still feels velvety and soft.  Nothing weird here.  My skin's not as oily and my whiteheads seem to have calmed down.

Day 3: Today I used it with my cleansing brush, like I usually do with my usual cleanser.  It worked into a nice, rich lather.  My face tingled for a little while afterwards, so I let it sit and sink into my pores for a while.  It actually works well for a facial mask.

Day 4:  I washed as usual today and used my usual facial mask..  The mask tingled more than usual and the blemishes that were hiding under my skin were clearly visible when I took it off.  Made short work of them. 

Day 5: The blemishes I popped yesterday appear to be healing well and the mild abrasion caused by popping is already starting to peel.  Overall, my skin is VERY supple, soft, and velvety.  My spots seem lighter too.  I'm going to switch to my regular cleanser to see if that makes a difference.

In the end, after using my regular cleanser for just two days, my skin had returned to its usual either painfully dry or fried egg greasy state.  My whiteheads came back with a vengeance and I got new zits.  As soon as I used the VitaBerry cleanser, my skin returned to the supple, fresh, dewy texture I had gotten accustomed to. 

Wow.  I guess I should make a switch to the Vitaberry Cleanser...permanently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alright Operative, leave your coded message at this drop point.