Thursday, October 28, 2010

Holiday Bootcamp Week 5

I am reporting on the successes of Operation: Holiday Bootcamp.  After a few weeks of fairly diligent work and adherence to the goals of this project, I have fallen off the wagon.  I repeat.  I have fallen off the wagon.  Last week, I couldn't focus on anything other than piecework and am positively swimming in wire-wrapped bead links, nicely composed pendants, and organized projects from the week before.  Most of the stuff only needs to have a clasp added before it's finished.  This is all really unsettling.
I'm sorry to say this, but it seems my jewelry Muse has taken a hiatus and is sitting pretty in a pile of unfinished components, smirking smugly at me as I try to conjure up the desire to create.  I'm completely failing to finish anything.  It all seems so lackluster to me.  My Muse has fallen to sloth!  Sloth is the enemy and must be vanquished to maintain a good Protestant work ethic! 
Alas, while the muse of Jewelry is laying around, turning herself into a bloated walrus as she wallows in the supplies she holds so dear, my drawing Muse has stopped being so lazy and decided to allow me to churn out some rather dynamic sketches as well as some potential logo ideas.  Here's something I worked on last weekend.


I feel like the background is missing some depth... I'm still new to doing backgrounds, so I'm not entirely sure how to go about fixing it.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alright Operative, leave your coded message at this drop point.