Monday, December 15, 2014

Decoden Phone Case

Since I've had some trouble with maintaining proper pressure whilst using my jewelry pliers, I've started branching out into crafts that require less sensitive, delicate work.  Of course, I stumbled onto Decoden.  Decoden is a decoration phenomenon in Japan.  Quite literally, Decoden is "Deco" as in decorated and "den" as in Denwa, the Japanese word for phone case.  Tons of people will think that these Japanese trends have nothing to do with American fashion, but you'd be wrong.

Have you ever gotten nails covered in rhinestones and little filigree add-ons?

Courtesy of Slodive.com

Courtesy of Fanpop.com



Sure the nails have been a thing for a looooong time.... But seriously, doesn't this look vaguely familiar?

From brand-crea.com

Looks familiar to me.  Well, seeing all these fancy pants cases made me want to make my own...


BAM!!! 

While mine is significantly less cute and significantly more amateur looking, I like it a fair amount. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alright Operative, leave your coded message at this drop point.