Friday, June 13, 2014

Review: Salted Nut Roll


If that name ain't suggestive, I don't know what is.  I bought it anyway because I wanted to know just what a Salted Nut Roll was like.  Was it extra salty?  Extra nutty?  Extra...rolly?  Eh.  That's what it was.  Extra eh.  I was a bit underwhelmed.  To be fair, the candy bar wasn't terrible, or even close to bad.  It was actually pretty darn good.  Here's my review.

The look:  Well, it looks pretty much like it does on the package, inside and out.  It's a log shaped thing of marshmallow and coconut bits, dipped in caramel and rolled in salty peanuts.
I wish there were more peanuts.

The texture:
Biting into it, it was crunchy because of the layer of peanuts.  The center of it was very, VERY soft.  It felt really pillowy in my mouth.  The bits of coconut were unexpected, but not unwelcome because there weren't many of them and they didn't dominate the flavor of the candy bar.  It reduced into a nice paste like consistency, even though some of the peanuts were sharp enough to lacerate your mouth.

The taste:
Chewing worked it into a sort of fluffer nutter (Marshmallow and Peanut butter sandwiches) flavored paste, which was good because I LOVE fluffer nutters!  It had some elements reminiscent of a Payday as well.  The peanuts were just a whole lot fresher and the caramel didn't break your teeth.  One thing I didn't like, as I ate it was how SWEET it became as the marshmallow and coconut mixed in with the peanuts and caramel.  I may as well have held a bowl of sugar on my tongue. 

Overall:
All in all, it was a decent candy bar.  Very much like a Payday.  If you like Paydays and ridiculously sweet things, you'll like this.  For me, the best parts of it were the fresh peanuts, the soft, yet crunchy texture and the way that the flavors didn't overpower one another.  What I hated was the overly sweet flavor and the sharp peanut shards.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alright Operative, leave your coded message at this drop point.